Friday 18 June 2021

0031 Perth to the Gold Coast - Across the desert

 0031 Perth to the Gold Coast

20th March - 10th July 2021

Driving across the Red Centre !

Troopie set up at camp
So today is the 19th March, and my buddy Jamie is on the plane from
VHF aerial mounted on bull bar

the Gold Coast to Perth right now - Due into Perth in an hour or so.  I will pick him up tomorrow morning, and we will set off on a great adventure - We are driving from Perth to the Gold Coast - But not on the roads.  We are following the Great Central (dirt)  Road from Leonora to Uluru / Ayers Rock.   I have always wanted to do this trip following the original Gun Barrel Highway, but the Gun Barrel is getting pretty
Light bar on Troopie
tough now (need to convoy, be prepared to winch out of dunes etc) which is a bit much for me.  Hopefully the Great Central Road will allow us to see all the great sights, without the extremes of the Gun Barrel !!   This blog will probably not get finished until I get back to the Gold Coast, so if you want to follow us, come on to my Facebook page and we will try to put a few pics up there as we go.    In the past week while I have been in Perth with son Damien and his family, he has fitted a VHF radio as well as a big light bar (so we can see the kangaroo's before we hit them ?? !).  I have also fitted some new tyres, and had a big stone chip in the windscreen mended, so I think we are ready to go !!  

More later ........Bookmark this spot !



No comments:

Post a Comment